The expansion of cannabis use for medical and recreational purposes across the country is accompanied by an increase in the degree of competition in the market. From counties to cities to neighborhoods, the number of identical rivals in any given location is fast expanding, providing difficulty for both brick-and-mortar marijuana firms and those who operate exclusively online.
Because it is believed that 80 percent of customers conduct internet research before making a purchase from a company, one of the primary considerations for cannabis businesses should be increasing their online presence. If you are not yet ready to begin working with an experienced SEO specialist or agency, you can still enhance your Google position and increase the likelihood that people will find you on the web by doing the following steps:
1. Create a google business profile
Your name, address, and phone number will immediately be indexed on Google as a result of this action. First and foremost, it’s the only method for your company to appear in the Google Maps results when people in your region search for services that are comparable to what you do. You have the option to create a profile for your company on Google My Business.
If done in the proper way, being active on social media may assist raise your search engine optimization (SEO) rankings, in addition to improving your interaction with potential clients. Your individual marketing approach will determine which social media sites are the most beneficial for your company; nevertheless, at a bare minimum, your company ought to have a presence on both Facebook and Google+.
Facebook is an excellent method to reach new audiences and generate traffic back to your website. As one of the most heavily used social media sites, if you utilize it correctly, its highly targeted and very customized advertising platform will work wonders for your marijuana business’s search engine optimization and sales.
Google+: Even though it is not as popular of a choice among the general public, Google+ offers one benefit that the vast majority of other options do not: indexing by Google. Every post that is made on Google+ is indexed for search rankings; thus, optimizing your social posts for targeted keywords is an excellent way to increase the likelihood that people will find you online.
3. Make sure that your website contains both your address and your phone number
You absolutely need to have a website. In addition, if you want to be competitive, it needs to have a great design and include high-quality information. But on the most fundamental level, it needs to list your location, city, state, and phone number in text for Google to be able to recommend your marijuana business in response to queries that originate from inside your region.
4. List your business in popular directories
Not only do websites such as Yelp, YellowPages, and Local boost the likelihood that someone will locate your company, but they also give high-quality connections that go to your website. There are a number of cannabis-related directories, such as Leafly, Weedmaps, and THCBiz, because this is a common need. However, no matter what you do, you must remember to use only reputable directories and begin with only a few of them; otherwise, you run the risk of hurting your SEO rather than helping it.
5. Gather reviews
Once you have listings for your business up on Google and in directories, request reviews from customers. When potential consumers see positive reviews or testimonials, it’s fantastic for business, but it also sends a strong signal to Google that your cannabis business is worthwhile to for others.
6. Have a blog
Traffic is the most important aspect of good SEO, and writing content to your blog is one of the most effective strategies to continue drawing users into your website. Make use of it to talk about upcoming events, promotions, new items, or industry news, but always make an effort to write articles on a consistent basis!
7. Apply an on-site SEO strategy
To do this, it is highly recommended that you seek the assistance of an agency and/or a specialist that specializes in SEO for the cannabis industry. However, given that it is one of the most important aspects of constructing SEO, it should most certainly not be ignored!
All of the following should be part of a good SEO strategy:
- Choosing the finest and most competitive keywords for your company is an essential part of the keyword strategy.
- Naming each content page suitably is referred to as title tags.
- The process of developing an organizing framework for material using header tags.
- Due to the fact that Google is unable to index photographs by itself, image alt and title tags are used to provide contextual information about an image.
- Building internal links that help Google understand how different pages relate to one another is an important part of what is known as “content structure.” Content structure refers to the process of organizing content pages in such a way that users can quickly locate what they are searching for.
- Building external links is also an important ranking factor as Google views external links as ‘votes’ of authority in your space. Utilize the help of link builders with experience in the cannabis industry to build cannabis links.
- URLs: naming links correctly so that they are easier to comprehend for search engines like Google.
- 301 Redirects are the forwarding of URLs that are no longer being utilized so that visitors to your website never run into a dead end.
- Quality Web Development In order for Google to give a website a high ranking, the website’s code needs to satisfy a number of requirements.
If you don’t have a mechanism to monitor how well these techniques are performing, it will be extremely challenging, if not impossible, for you to determine whether or not they are successful. When users traverse your cannabis website, Google Analytics provides a speedy method for monitoring data like traffic and conversion rates, in addition to visitor behavior and other data. There are a large number of alternative analytics trackers available, most of which can be put on your website in a matter of minutes, and some of these trackers are free.
Any cannabis company that wants to increase its search engine optimization absolutely has to have Google Analytics.
In general, increasing your website’s visibility and inbound sales may be accomplished most effectively by optimizing it for improved search engine results. Only by investing in high-quality SEO will you be able to ensure that your website will be displayed when potential customers look for your product or service—and you do want to be displayed!
It is feasible to construct your website to the point where it gets a large amount of traffic and top ranks on Google without the assistance of a strategist; however, this will often need more time to do. If you want to be successful with search engine optimization (SEO), you need expertise, attention to detail, and most importantly, tenacity. Following these steps will get you started in the right direction.