Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about cannabis seeds. Top question: What are the differences between feminized, regular, and autoflowering seeds?
What are the differences between regular, feminized, and autoflowering seeds?
Regular seeds have a roughly 50/50 chance of producing male or female plants. Feminized seeds produce only female plants (roughly 99%). Both regular and feminized seeds are photoperiod dependent: they start flowering based on hours of daylight. Autoflowering seeds produce plants that flower automatically at 2-4 weeks old. All autoflowering seeds are feminized and will therefore only produce female plants.
Which growers prefer regular cannabis seeds?
• Growers on a budget
• Growers actively breeding new strains
• Growers with experience who don’t mind sexing cannabis (separating male plants from female plants)
• Experimental growers
• Growers using the cloning technique for genetic preservation
Which cannabis strain is right for me?
The cannabis strain that’s right for you depends on several factors:
• The size of your grow space
• Whether you grow indoors or outdoors
• The climate of the location if growing outdoors
• The effects you want from the end product
• The flavours and the aroma that the buds produce
How long do cannabis seeds last?
Cannabis seeds can last up to 36 months without the germination rate being affected if kept in a cool, dark, dry environment. If conditions remain dark, protected, and refrigerated, seeds can last for up to 10 years but the rate of germination will drop as they get older.