A 23-year-old woman has died after eating a single cannabis-laced sweet, the Metropolitan Police said (Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
A woman has died in east London after consuming a suspected cannabis sweet, according to the Metropolitan Police.
The force said the 23-year-old woman purchased the “gummies” via a messaging app on her phone and they were delivered to her home in Ilford, on March 29.
The sweets came in packaging branded with ” Trrlli Peachie O’s ” and the woman and a 21-year-old friend both ate one each but both immediately fell ill.
They were taken to an east London hospital for treatment but the 23-year-old subsequently died in hospital on April 2.
The Met said her identity was not being released at this time. The 21-year-old has since been discharged from hospital following treatment.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident on April 1 and subsequently charged with possession with intent to supply Class B synthetic cannabinoid, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance.
The force said he was found in possession of a large quantity of cash and what were believed to be edible cannabis products.
Officers have issued a warning over the sweets and said a number have been recovered and are being tested.
To Read The Rest Of This Article By Ryan Fahey on Mirror
Published: April 05, 2022
Founder & Interim Editor of L.A. Cannabis News