Between Oct. 4 and Oct. 10, investigators from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Marijuana Enforcement Team along with deputies from several different patrol stations served 23 search warrants including in Highland and Yucaipa. Enforcement Team personnel had received numerous complaints about large outdoor and indoor marijuana cultivations in these areas.
Sheriff’s personnel located and arrested 32 suspects, including Kyle Miley in the 12200 block of Thomas Lane, Yucaipa. A warrant was also served in the 27400 block of Pacific Street in Highland, but no arrests were reported.
Investigators seized 23,553 marijuana plants, 2,267 pounds of processed marijuana, 14 guns and $43,400 in cash. Investigators eradicated a total of 123 greenhouses found at these locations.
The investigations revealed the cannabis cultivations were not in compliance with California’s Medical and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act and San Bernardino County’s ordinance prohibiting Commercial Cannabis Activity. San Bernardino County has a law prohibiting Commercial Cannabis Activity, which includes growing marijuana plants outdoors.
The Sheriff’s Gangs/Narcotics Division will continue to enforce California’s cannabis laws and San Bernardino County’s ordinance regarding cannabis cultivation and distribution.
By the numbers
- Illegal greenhouses eradicated last week: 123.
- Greenhouses eradicated since Operation Hammer Strike began in early September: 627.
- Search warrants served last week: 23.
- Arrested: 32 suspects.
- Marijuana plants seized: 23,553.
- Pounds of processed marijuana confiscated: 2,267
- Guns seized: 14.
- Cash recovered: $43,300.
- Have a tip? Contact the sheriff’s Gangs/Narcotics Division at NARC-MET@sbcsd.org or call (909) 387-8400.
- To remain anonymous: Call the We-tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463), or leave the information on the We-Tip Hotline at wetip.com
To Read The Rest Of This Article By Staff on Redlands Community News
Published: October 14, 2021