LONDON, June 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — As industries emerge from the impact of COVID-19, 2022 will be a year of readjustments and transition for many businesses worldwide. While the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to restrain economic recovery, pharmaceutical companies will continue to leverage innovative technology to enable and accelerate business growth, enhance resilience, and remain competitive in this heavily disrupted business landscape.
The Biopharmaceutical Market Research Report offered by GlobalData Plc examines the business environment and trends that are going to shape the biopharmaceutical industry in 2022. Additionally, the report highlights the most impactful emerging technologies, industry, regulatory, and microeconomic factors that are going to impact and dominate the industry throughout 2022.
- COVID-19-driven challenges and accelerated digitalization will continue to reshape the biopharmaceutical industry in 2022.
- Genomics, immune-oncology (IO), and personalized medicine will dominate as the most impactful trends in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Drug pricing pressures will continue to hinder growth, forcing pharmaceutical companies to reassess their strategies and market focus
- The pharmaceutical industry will be under increasing pressure to become more sustainable, with more companies committing to ESG strategies
For more key findings on the biopharmaceutical market, download a free report sample
Emerging Industry Trends in the Biopharmaceutical Market
- Immuno-oncology Drug Development
- Personalized/Precision Medicine
- Real-World Evidence
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Electronic Health Records
- Biosimilar Uptake
- Decentralized/Virtual Clinical Trials
- Digital Therapeutics
- Patient Empowerment
- Regenerative Medicine
- Microbiome Drug Development
- Medical Marijuana
The growth of the genomics market is being propelled by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, plummeting DNA sequencing costs, and growing funding for genomics. Genomics recently played a key role in the rapid development, approval, and rollout of the first COVID-19 vaccines, when advancing genomic sequencing allowed scientists to read the COVID- 19 genome almost immediately after the virus was identified.
For more insights on emerging industry trends in the biopharmaceutical market, download a free report sample
Emerging Regulatory and Macroeconomic Trends in the Biopharmaceutical Market
- Drug Pricing & Reimbursement Constraints
- Patent Expiry of Biologics
- Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) Factors
- Political Divide in the US
- China Impact
- Mega M&A
- Vertical Integration of Healthcare Systems
- Clinical Outsourcing
- Manufacturing Outsourcing
Pricing is becoming a sustainability issue that ESG investors are increasingly mindful of. In the US, there are growing expectations that ICER guidance may in the future form a component of pharma companies’ evaluations against ESG targets, with investors potentially putting pressure on companies to align prices with ICER guidance.
For more insights on emerging regulatory and macroeconomic trends in the biopharmaceutical market, download a free report sample
Emerging Technologies in the Biopharmaceutical Market
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Social Media
- Digital Media
- Internet of Things
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Cloud Computing
- 3D Printing
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
AI and Big Data go hand in hand as the analysis of Big Data is best powered by AI. Competence in these areas is vital for healthcare companies, as it provides improved patient care at a micro-level and, more broadly, drives a higher level of insights and trends that benefit operational and clinical efficiency.
For more insights on emerging technologies in the biopharmaceutical market, download a free report sample
Biopharmaceutical Market Overview
|Emerging Industry Trends
||Genomics, Immuno-Oncology Drug Development, Personalized/Precision Medicine, Real-World Evidence, Remote Patient Monitoring, Electronic Health Records, Biosimilar Uptake, Decentralized/Virtual Clinical Trials, Digital Therapeutics, Patient Empowerment, Regenerative Medicine, Microbiome Drug Development, Nanomedicine, and Medical Marijuana
|Emerging Regulatory and Macroeconomic Trends
||Drug Pricing & Reimbursement Constraints, Patent Expiry of Biologics Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) Factors, Brexit, Political Divide in the US, China Impact, E-Pharmacies, Mega M&A, Vertical Integration of Healthcare Systems, Clinical Outsourcing, and Manufacturing Outsourcing
||Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Social Media, Digital Media, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Robotics, Application Programming Interfaces, Cloud Computing, 3D Printing, Virtual & Augmented Reality, and Blockchain
Biopharmaceutical Market Report Scope
The research source in this report is based on the opinions and expectations of 177 global healthcare industry professionals surveyed from November 17, 2021, to December 17, 2021, to gauge the 2022 outlook of the pharmaceutical industry. Respondents rated the anticipated impact of an emerging industry, regulatory, macroeconomic, and technology trends on the pharmaceutical industry during the upcoming 12 months.
Components of the report include:
- Emerging Industry Trends – a snapshot of current attitudes of business leaders towards the emerging industry trends and how they are shaping the future of the healthcare industry
- Emerging Regulatory and Macroeconomic Trends – overview of the hindrances and drivers that will affect the state of the biopharmaceutical industry
- Emerging technologies – highlights emerging technologies that are expected to have the greatest impact on the biopharmaceutical industry in the next 12 months
- Industry’s Growth Prospects – industry growth outlook: provides executives’ opinions on the growth prospects of the biopharmaceutical industry over the next 12 months
- Watch Outs – key industry shake-ups and trends to watch that represent both challenges and opportunities to the industry
Reasons to Buy
- Stay up to date with the major emerging technologies, and regulatory, macroeconomic, and industry trends that will impact the pharmaceutical industry in 2022.
- Explore how the biopharmaceutical landscape has changed.
- Identify the most impactful anticipated regulatory approvals and drug launches in the industry in 2022.
- Gain insight into the regulatory and microeconomics trends that will have positive and negative effects on the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Identify emerging industry trends and innovations to gain a competitive advantage.
What are the emerging industry trends in the biopharmaceutical market?
The emerging industry trends of the biopharmaceutical market are genomics, immuno-oncology drug development, personalized/precision medicine, real-world evidence, remote patient monitoring, electronic health records, biosimilar uptake, decentralized/virtual clinical trials, digital therapeutics, patient empowerment, regenerative medicine, microbiome drug development, nanomedicine, and medical marijuana.
What are the emerging regulatory and macroeconomic trends in the biopharmaceutical market?
The emerging regulatory and macroeconomic trends in the biopharmaceutical market are drug pricing & reimbursement constraints, patent expiry of biologics environmental, social, & governance (ESG) factors, Brexit, the political divide in the US, China impact, e-pharmacies, mega M&A, vertical integration of healthcare systems, clinical outsourcing, and manufacturing outsourcing.
Which are the emerging technologies in the biopharmaceutical market?
The emerging technologies in the biopharmaceutical market are artificial intelligence, big data, social media, digital media, cybersecurity, the internet of things, robotics, application programming interfaces, cloud computing, 3D printing, virtual & augmented reality, and blockchain.
- Chronic Kidney Disease Market Size and Trend Report including Epidemiology and Pipeline Analysis, Competitor Assessment, Unmet Needs, Clinical Trial Strategies and Forecast, 2021-2031 – Click here
- Renal Cell Carcinoma Marketed and Pipeline Drugs Assessment, Clinical Trials and Competitive Landscape – Click here
- Smoking Cessation Marketed and Pipeline Drugs Assessment, Clinical Trials and Competitive Landscape – Click here
- Colombia Healthcare (Pharma and Medical Devices) Market Analysis, Regulatory, Reimbursement and Competitive Landscape – Click here
- Future of Pharma – Looking Ahead to 2022 – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400