Medical, clinical and research organizations can apply to participate in the “Proyecto Change Lives”
In process, initial research studies in collaboration with Biopharmaceutical Research Company
New York and Bogotá, June 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Clever Leaves Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVR, CLVRW) (“Clever Leaves” or the “Company”), a leading multinational operator and licensed producer of pharmaceutical grade cannabinoids, announces the launch of the “Proyecto Change Lives”, A research initiative focused on the United States, with which the Company commits to contribute pharmaceutical grade cannabis products worth up to USD $ 25,000,000 to any eligible American organization, to help advance scientific research of the potential medical benefits of cannabinoids. By sponsoring the “Proyecto Change Lives”, Clever Leaves offers to provide a historic amount of pharmaceutical grade cannabis to leading research institutions in one of the most advanced pharmaceutical markets in the world.
Clever Leaves aims to supply up to 250,000 bottles of pharmaceutical grade cannabis oils or approximately 5 tons of medicinal cannabis flower to help research institutions develop new therapies. To remove an additional impediment to the advancement of scientific knowledge around cannabis, Clever Leaves will provide research materials to participants free of charge. The company has partnered with Biopharmaceutical Research Company, which has federal licenses to import, test and manufacture controlled substances in the United States, to be its importer of record. Clever Leaves plans to immediately begin working with American researchers and begin their efforts on a research study focused on sequencing the DNA of a variety of their cannabis crops.
“Due to legal restrictions, the cannabis industry in the United States has faced decades of research delays and a shortage of cannabis products or a lack of diversity of high-quality products for research. This industry would benefit enormously. that companies such as Clever Leaves would bring in affordable, pharmaceutical grade, EU-GMP certified medical cannabis for research purposes. In addition to removing historical obstacles to research, the “Proyecto Change Lives” hopes to open new opportunities for the advancement of medical treatments and patient access by allowing cannabis ingredients and legal pharmaceuticals to cross borders freely, “said Kyle Detwiler, CEO of Clever Leaves.
In close collaboration with a distinguished scientific and medical review panel, Clever Leaves opens the call in the United States to receive proposals from researchers from universities and accredited centers that require medicinal cannabis to carry out their studies. Organizations and researchers interested in participating can apply and obtain more information at projectchangelives.org.
Why should Institutions take advantage of the Clever Leaves product?
- Quality Standards – Clever Leaves’ facilities and post-harvest and extraction processes for medicinal cannabis in Colombia are the first in Latin America and one of the few in the world to receive the Good Manufacturing Practices certification from the European Union. (EU GMP). Its cultivation process is also GACP certified, and its medicinal cannabis extraction facility is the only one in the world to have received both INVIMA and the European Union Good Manufacturing Practice certifications.
- Sustainable agriculture – The Clever Leaves greenhouse cultivation facilities in Colombia are located in an equatorial area with ideal light conditions for the growth of hemp and cannabis plants with one of the best qualities in the world. In addition, the company uses approximately two-thirds of recycled rainwater, which significantly improves the sustainability of the crop and minimizes environmental impact. Clever Leaves has the ultimate goal of becoming carbon negative.
- Consistency and traceability – In addition to optimal growing conditions, Clever Leaves is one of the only medical cannabis companies in the world with a traceability system, from seed to patient, which allows you to trace each product to its plant origin.
- Technology and Innovation – Clever Leaves exclusively uses CO extraction equipment2 to create high purity levels and, as research efforts evolve, to be able to rapidly develop new formulations.
- Social responsability – Clever Leaves strives to be a good corporate citizen, in this way the organization works with the benefit of the communities in which it operates. An example of this is that more than 50% of its workers are women and approximately half of them are single mothers, an important social initiative in Colombia.
Acerca de Clever Leaves Holdings Inc.
Clever Leaves is a multinational cannabis company with an emphasis on large-scale organic farming and pharmaceutical grade processing as cornerstones of its global cannabis business. With operations and investments in the United States, Canada, Colombia, Germany and Portugal, Clever Leaves has built an effective distribution network and a global presence, with a foundation built on capital efficiency and rapid growth. Clever Leaves aims to be one of the leading cannabis companies in the world, recognized for its principles, people and performance, while fostering a healthier global community. Clever Leaves has received multiple international certifications that have allowed it to increase its export and sales capacity of its operations in Colombia, including the European Union Good Manufacturing Practices Certification (EU GMP), Good Manufacturing Practices Certification (GMP) of the National Institute of Food and Drug Surveillance of Colombia – INVIMA, and Certification of Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP). Clever Leaves received a license in Portugal from Infarmed, the Portuguese health authority, which allows Clever Leaves to grow, import and export dried flowers for medicinal and research purposes. Additionally, the Portuguese operation also received certification in accordance with the GACP and the IMC-GAP. For more information visit https://cleverleaves.com/en/home/.
Acerca de Biopharmaceutical Research Company
Biopharmaceutical Research Company (“BRC”) is a multi-DEA-registered pharmaceutical specialty company that is pioneering the federal legal cannabis industry in the US In compliance with federal regulations , BRC also performs specific testing activities for cannabis.
Strategic Communications Director
Gateway Investor Relations
Vice President Sales – EMEA, North America, and Asia-Pacific