LAS VEGAS (Feb. 16, 2022) – Cannabis Conference, the cannabis industry’s leading educational event for plant-touching businesses, has announced its Advisory Board for 2023.
Now in its seventh year and produced by award-winning media brand Cannabis Business Times (CBT), Cannabis Conference will return to the Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Aug. 15-17, 2023, bringing together prospective and established cannabis cultivators, retailers, brands and extraction professionals, as well as university professors, consultants, and technology and solutions providers. The yearly conference draws thousands of attendees from throughout North America and 30 countries.
Cannabis Conference will feature two days of dynamic educational sessions, unique networking opportunities, and an 85,000-square-foot expo hall featuring products and solutions for professionals from plant-touching cannabis businesses.
Sessions are thoughtfully crafted by the editors of CBT, along with guidance from the Cannabis Conference 2023 Advisory Board, which is comprised of industry experts who are passionate about advancing the industry as a whole:
- Chris Ball – Owner and CEO, Ball Family Farms
- Megan Carl – Assistant Cultivation Manager, Fire Rock Farms
- Kaliko Castille – Co-Founder of ThndrStrm Strategies, President of Minority Cannabis Business Association (MCBA)
- Drew Duval – Senior VP, Cultivation, Cresco Labs
- Debby Goldsberry – Writer and Business Adviser, Green Rush Consulting
- David Holmes – Owner and CEO, Clade9 (advisory board and Cultivation Roundtable Co-Chair)
- Matthew Indest, Ph.D. – Technical Director of Agronomy | Cultivation, Curaleaf
- Nick Jack – Chief Retail Officer, Frost Exotic Cannabis
- Colin Kelley – Operating Partner, Merida Capital Holdings
- Josh Malman – VP of Cultivation, Jushi Holdings Inc.
- Troy Meadows – Co-Founder, Legion of Bloom
- Claudio Miranda – Co-Founder, Guild Enterprises
- Kenneth Morrow – Owner, Trichome Technologies
- Laurie Parfitt – Principal, LKP Impact Consulting
- Scott Reach – Owner, Rare Dankness and House of Dankness (Cultivation Roundtable Co-Chair)
- Lindsey Renner – Owner, Native Humboldt Farms
- Guy Rocourt – CEO, Papa & Barkley
- Anna Shreeve – President, Urban Paragon, Inc.; Targeted Intent, Inc.; The Bakeréé
- Mason Walker – Co-Owner/CEO, East Fork Cultivars
- Mackenzie Wilcox – Associate Director- Compliance | Legal, PharmaCann
- Hope Wiseman – Co-Founder and CEO, WISECO
Visit www.CannabisConference.com/page/cannabisboard to learn more about individual members of the 2023 Advisory Board.
Cannabis Conference’s education program will feature dozens of speakers and sessions covering the industry’s most relevant and important topics—from ways to navigate severe price compression to the latest in cultivation research to facility build-out and expansion, branding and marketing, raising capital, market trends and forecasts and much more.
“Cannabis Conference provides professionals in the plant-touching cannabis industry with the education, information and resources to navigate this industry downturn and continue to grow their businesses,” said Jim Gilbride, group publisher of Cannabis Conference and CBT. “Now more than ever, the industry needs to band together and have honest conversations with other professionals about business pain points, as well as share solutions to persistent industry challenges.”
“Despite the challenges that the industry has faced in the past year, and ongoing challenges such as overregulation, high taxes, and the difficulties of operating as a federally illegal entity, we have hope and optimism for the future,” said Noelle Skodzinski, editorial director of Cannabis Conference and CBT. “I have seen people in the industry come together to support one another and help the industry grow stronger. There is tremendous power in bringing people together to solve problems, and this is the essence of what Cannabis Conference does.”
New in 2023, Cannabis Conference will debut a daylong Cultivation Roundtable on Aug. 15 that will bring together 150+ cannabis cultivation professionals to network and have candid conversations about the most prominent challenges and opportunities their businesses face. The event will also be host to day-long workshops titled: “How to Launch a Cultivation Business” and “How to Launch a Medical or Adult-Use Dispensary.”
Registration for Cannabis Conference 2023 opens Feb. 1, and Opening Registration rates, which offer savings of up to 60%, expire March 15. Visit CannabisConference.com for more details and to sign up to receive email updates as new sessions and speakers are added.
About Cannabis Business Times:
Cannabis Business Times is owned by GIE Media, based in Valley View, Ohio. CBT focuses strictly on the business of legal cannabis for medical and adult use and aims to provide timely information—through its website, e-newsletter, mobile app, print magazine and annual conference—to help the reader make informed decisions to help them run their businesses better and more profitably. In 2018, Cannabis Business Times was named Magazine of the Year by the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
About Cannabis Conference:
Cannabis Conference, produced by the award-winning Cannabis Business Times media brand, is the leading educational provider for plant-touching businesses in the legal cannabis markets. The three-day event will take place at Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Aug. 15-17, 2023, and will feature a variety of expert speakers and educational sessions. The Cannabis Conference exhibition hall will feature 85,000 square feet of industry-leading technologies, solutions and services that help cannabis cultivators, retailers and processors take their businesses to the next level. For more information, visit www.CannabisConference.com.